Criminal Injury

MYM Solicitors team in Slough can get a compensation for you if you have been the victim of a criminal injury. If you have suffered a sexual, physical or psychological abuse or injury as a result of criminal actions of someone, than we can seek compensation even the person committing the act has not been changed or even caught. Remember it is your right to seek compensation for your injuries. Criminal injuries compensation is different than a personal injury claims i.e. the criminal nature. We will claim the injury from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) who is a government run body designed to compensate the victims of crime.


MYM Solicitors slough do these cases on No win No fee save disbursements.

The injuries include

  • mental or physical injury following a crime of violence;

  • sexual or physical abuse;

  • loss of earnings - where you have no or limited capacity to work as the direct result of a criminal injury;

  • special expenses payments - these cover certain costs you may have incurred as a direct result of an incident. You can only ask us to consider special expenses if your injuries mean you have been unable to work or have been incapacitated to a similar extent for more than 28 weeks;

  • a fatality caused by a crime of violence including bereavement payments, payments for loss of parental services and financial dependency; and funeral payments.


It is always recommended to apply as soon as it is reasonably practicable for you to do so as the time limitation for claiming is normally two years after it occurred. Time can only be extended in exceptional circumstances cases.

Remember the criteria of claiming iinjury is higher than the personal injury claim. The decision is based on th balamnce of probabilities than beyond reasonable doubt. We understand that claiming compensation will be most serious effect on your life which you may have been through recently. MYM Solicitors can handle this professionally for you with minimum effect and hardship on you, your health and / or your relationship.

To discuss confidential matter, please call, drop an email or use contact form below and our representative will assist you further.